4/11/10

Thank you for all of the prayers! Lyla Grace was put back on CPAP because she was having so many heart rate drops. The cultures came back negative but the Dr. still thinks she was starting to get an infection. She will stay on antibiotics for several more days. Due to being on antibiotics, they didn't want to upset her intestines so they stopped her milk. They started her back on pedialyte today. She is currently 1 lb. 13 oz. Her hematocrit level was low so she was given her second blood transfusion this week.

Sutter is finishing up his antibiotics for staph infection. He is almost 4 lb! He was put back on nasal cannula but is doing very well. I'm praying he will get to start bottle feeding in the next few weeks. Sutter's hematocrit level was also low today, so he also got "go juice". The babies aren't old enough to start replenishing their own red blood cells so it is very common for premature babies like ours to have to receive transfusions.

Callen received a round of steroids to help his lungs. He is doing much better today and not requiring as much oxygen through his cannula. He continues to be on full feeds and weighs right around 3 lb. His pic line was removed yesterday and he is receiving everything via feeding tube! Hopefully he will stay healthy and not have to get any more IV's. His biggest news is that he had an EEG to look at his seizure activity. The neurologist said he felt pretty confident that his seizures wouldn't be long term. YIPPEE!!! He will continue to stay on the seizure meds until his brain matures a little more. I will try and post more pics in the next few days! Below is a Bible verse that my Mom shared with me during this tough week. Thanks Mom!
Isaiah 4:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allison-- Just found your blog via Rachel's site! Just wanted to send some encouragement your way in these first few weeks and months with your new, tiny babies. I myself am a triplet (also one girl, two boys!)and we were born at 32 wks-- not as frail as 27 wks, but we're all thriving and healthy 27 years later. I'll say a prayer for you and those sweet kiddos.

    ReplyDelete