4/8/10

Please keep our family in your prayers today. The babies have taken a step backwards as of yesterday. Last night Lyla Grace starting having a lot of heart rate drops. The Dr. thinks she has sepsis. They have started her on antibiotics and sent off her blood cultures. We won't know for sure if it's sepsis until tomorrow evening. She is still 1 lb. 12 oz. Please pray that God would allow her tiny body to fight off infection.

Sutter's feedings had to be stopped today. His aspirate was bright yellow so they thought it safest to stop his food intake. He still managed to gain an ounce last night despite no food. His antibiotics for his staph infection have been increased to 14 days. He also learned how to pull his nasal cannula out on his own so the Dr. said he could try and go without it. So far he's done pretty well. Below is a picture of his face with no ventilator, CPAP, or cannula!


Callen is still on full feeds and doing well. The neurologist ordered him another EEG to check and see if he's still having seizures. Hopefully we will know results tomorrow. He is still taking phenobarbital for the seizures. The medicine has seemed to control his seizures very well so far. Everyone told me the babies would take two steps forward and one step back, but it's very hard when it actually happens. It really puts things into perspective and reminds me that God is totally in control.

2 comments:

  1. Allison, when I was so sick last year,your sister, Faith, made me a poster with the following Bible verse. She taped it to the chest so that it was constantly visible to me from the bed. I still keep it hung in my room because this verse is forever in my heart:

    Isaiah 4:10
    So do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    I hope you are comforted today,knowing our prayers are continual, and our God is eternal!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, we're praying daily!

    ReplyDelete