

Well tomorrow will make one week that Sutter has been home. Our life has changed quite a bit in just 7 days! Paul and I are overjoyed to have him home! Our days consist of feeding, changing diapers, and snuggling! We are getting very little sleep, but it's so worth it! Tomorrow we are going to the pediatrician for the first time. I hope it goes well...I have a feeling Sutter will be getting his 2 mth. shots. :( We have to take him to the hospital every Mon., Wed., Fri. to receive epigen shots. These shots help to raise his hematocrit level . Sitting in the hospital for several hours with a crying preemie is NO fun! Hopefully we won't have to continue doing it for too much longer! Paul and I are taking turns going to visit the babies at the hospital everyday while one of us is at home with Sutter.
Lyla Grace is officially 3 lbs. today! So proud of my little angel! She is doing great and has quite a little personality! The nurses call her the "little princess". She took a bottle for the first time today and took 24 out of 28 cc's in 10 min. which is great. She needs to gain at least another pound before they will talk about her coming home.
Callen is up to 4 lb. 9 oz. He has not had the best day today. The Dr. thinks he is still having seizures and has upped his seizure meds. He is not taking a bottle very well either. I have been really frustrated the last few days. It is so hard not to compare him to Sutter. The nurses remind me that Sutter was not the "norm". He exceeded their expectations. Please say a special prayer that Callen would catch up and come home soon. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't worried about him long term due to the brain bleed. I have asked the nurses if his poor eating could be due to the bleed but they tell me that they have full term babies that come out and won't take a bottle. Thanks for your continued prayers for all three babies. They have come so far in 9 weeks!


Can't wait to load up the car and get to your house! Pray I don't speed too fast. I hope that while I am there, you and Paul will be able to get some rest at night and some naps during the day. It really is a cumulative effect. I can't wait for you to teach me all the 'new' techniques since you were a baby. I know there is so much to re-learn! See you in less than 24!
ReplyDelete